Thursday, October 2, 2008

My week of Drama

I have had a crazy week! Monday was a typical Monday 15 minutes late for work, nothing planned for dinner, taught tumbling after work, bla bla bla. Tuesday comes (my day from _ _ _ _ ) I teach all day on Tuesdays until 8:30. When my day finally ended, I was pleased to lock up and eager to teach again on Wednesday. Suprisingly my day went great, the kids were awesome (even the preschoolers). I went to pick up Jax and found him burning up with a fever. Great here we go again he ended his antibiotics on Saturday and within two days he's sick again. I get home throw pizza in for dinner and help Kevin pack for Oregon. Kevin leaves to catch a plane at 3:00 a.m. I did not even hear him leave I was so tired. Wednesday morning again 15 minutes late for work. Honestly is it that hard to get out of bed 15 min. earlier? Apparently!! Work goes pretty smooth so now I am excited to end my day and start teaching. My first class on Wednesday's ROCK! these girls kick butt!! They are strong, they are flexible, they are awesome tumblers. They work work well as a team, and their devotion is awesome. Every time I start something new I have at least four of the girls pull it off perfect. By the next week the others have caught up, we don't have to spend allot of time on review. I love this class! Not because on of the students is my daughter but like I said before these girls rock all of them! Because of the talent these girls have I sometimes set extremely high expectations for this class. Well I get there unlock the door welcome the girls in and immediately I have nothing but goofing off, running around talking and whispering to each other, climbing on the equipment (this is a major NO NO and they know it) sloppy back handsprings, sloppy back tucks and whips, horrible aerials, you name it, it happened. As you can imagine I was NOT pleased.....and I was very frustrated, what happened to my perfect class? I could feel the instant irritation building up getting worse and worse, and I was taking it out on the girls. I finally reminded myself they were only kids and not perfect. I felt like a little Nazi expecting so much from them. So I took a deep breath & counted to 10 or 20 maybe 30 and tried to relax, naturally class went much better after this. when I calmed down the girls also calmed down and of coarse they were back to perfect. I ended my last class and headed to pick up Jaxon. Again he has a fever. We spend most of the night in the recliner and walking the floor. He coughed so hard he threw up in my bed, and I was unsuccessful in breaking the fever. Today I called work to report I would not be 15 minutes late, because I was not coming, and we headed for the Dr. All in all we switched antibiotics and were trying to make it another two months so he is old enough for a tonsillectomy. Knowing the history with Jaxon, we are not going to make it two more months. However we will try again. The Dr. also checked the inflammation on my knee, no change there, this I already knew but why not pay another co-pay?

Kevin gets home Late Friday night, and we are racing again on Saturday. Hoping for another 1st and 2nd place for Landon. The boys are headed on the mountain on Sunday, and I am going to start packing for Hawaii YEA. We leave on Friday I so need a vacation :)

3 comments:

The Barton Bunch said...

Lori told me Jax wasn't feeling well again. Poor little stinker. Good luck and the races and have fun in Hawaii!!

Miller Family said...

Girl, you need that vacation. If it makes you feel any better, I am usually 15-20 minutes late to work everyday too!! I asked myself the exact same thing "self, why can't you just get out of bed a few minutes earlier and save the stress???!!!" Hope Jaxon gets feeling better.
-Mandi

Rhett, Shauna, Alex & Kiara said...

Are we related...I can't get out of bed either and I think those extra 15 minutes are worth it :) I agree you need a vacation and I am so excited for you!!! Have fun. Give Jax a kiss from me and I hope this week is better. :)
Shauna --(jealous you are heading to Hawaii :))